Participants in Changing Realities regularly speak to the media, sharing firsthand accounts of everyday life, and making calls for change.
You can hear participants on the radio, watch them on the television, and read about their experiences, and our wider work together in newspapers. Participants sometimes feature in the comment pages of national newspapers, setting out in their own words, what life is like in the UK today.
Here’s just some of the media work we’ve done recently.
We’ll add to this as the project grows, and don’t forget you can get involved, if you’re a parent or carer living on a low-income.
- Faith spoke to Radio 4 Moneybox about the problem of debt. You can listen to this here
- Faith also spoke to The Guardian about debt here
- Joanne Barker Marsh wrote a comment piece for The Guardian here
- Tayyaba Siddiqui also wrote for The Guardian, setting out why Covid-19 still matters here
- Faith (CR participant) spoke on Channel 5 news. 25 August 2022. ‘Charities report more and more people turning to them for help amid cost-of-living crisis| 5 News’. Available at 1.41 minutes
- Lexie (CR Participant) spoke on BBC Radio Wales. 17 August 2022.
- On the day that Liz Truss announced her energy bills price cap, Kim gave her response to Radio 4 World At One. Listen in here (28 mins in)